Habits, we all have them, the good annnd the not so good. Some of us have habits that we don’t know where we got them from and others have formed habits through socialization, good and bad encounters, generational habits (thumb sucking anyone) and general survival tactics.
Habits can be formed from anything. Good habits are harder to keep, bad habits are harder to quit. But for now, i want you to only focus on your good habits and how you can incorporate more of them! Not really sure what habits to start? You’re def in the right place!
Share With Friends & Get Them Stared With Good Habits!
Even the best of us can get down in the dumps sometimes. We get caught up in our own shit and life gets monotonous and boring. Sometimes we need a refresh button, whether something is getting to you at work, or with friends or in a relationship.
It’s always good to take a fresh look at your life and see what you can improve. Spice it up, blow the dust away and give yourself that mood boost that you deserve. Here are some habits to get you started.
- Limit your scrolling time-you can even download an app that tracks your time online. Shut that screen down and go out and live a little.
- Praise yourself-give yourself a compliment at least once a day. Its a good habit to start plus, If you aren’t gonna be nice to yourself how can you expect anyone else to!
- Meditate-that’s right, take time for yourself, turn off all the electronics and make a habit to be with yourself for at least five minutes a day, try and quiet your mind, and find peace within yourself.
- Spend time with loved ones often-if this pandemic hasn’t taught us anything else it has taught us to appreciate the people we love, so get yourself out of the house and make it a habit to visit those people that put a smile on your face.
- Smile at strangers– This is a great habit to start! Everyone loves to be smiled at, remember what goes around comes around too!
- Learn something new every day– whatever it may be, make sure you are feeding your brain with new information, treat it like a sponge, and let it soak up the goodness.
- Never be the smartest person in the room– and if you are you need to think about changing up that room!
- Buy plants– fill up your space with life, plants keep the air clean, the oxygen fresh and they are cute to look at too!
- Go on dates-whether that be with your significant other or someone new, keep it fresh, find new and exciting places to go to, keep the love alive!
- Workout– I know I know, I hear you moaning, you have heard it all before. But for real get that body moving and you will see how quickly your mood improves as well as your body. There are some amazing free programs on Youtube you can do at home, there really is no excuse!
- Write a gratitude journal – there is so much truth to what they say, once you shift your mindset to think about all the things you are grateful for then you start receiving more and more of the same.
- Do random acts of kindness– share the love! Make someone else happy for a moment and see how it’s the small things in life that make all the difference.
- Call a friend– have a catch-up, find out the goss and have a giggle, guaranteed to brighten the mood.
- Do something creative– we are so lucky, with the access to Pinterest and Youtube you can learn literally anything you want and let those creative juices flow.
- Keep the house tidy-tidy house tidy mind as they say. When your space is free of clutter it frees up your mind-space.
- Make your bed-stop being a scruff! It only takes a few minutes and everyone loves to get into a made bed at the end of the night. Not to mention, it leaves a good impression for any lucky lover you bring home.
- Clean out your closet every three months– go through your clothes and pack up anything that you don’t wear anymore and give it to charity. One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure!
- Practice Forgiveness– we are all human, we all f**k up, be kind to each other. Never go to bead angry-do whatever it takes to change your mood before you sleep on your saltiness.
- Spend time in nature-get out there and breathe fresh air, change your scenery, and let mother nature replenish you.
- Declutter your social media-delete anything that doesn’t make you feel good when you see it.
- Delete old messages – out of sight out of mind as they say. Get rid of it!
- Watch the sunrise or the sunset-commit to seeing one of the two, take a photo and keep an album of beautiful sky shots to look at whenever you feel down.
- Make eye contact– when you speak to people look them in the eyes, make those connections real, it makes you look more confident too which is always a bonus.
- Introduce yourself– when you find yourself in a new social situation reach out first and introduce yourself first, make good impressions wherever you go.
- Get yaself some lovin-we all need some love and affection, whether that be from your partner or someone new you deserve it.
- Treat yourself-don’t leave yourself ‘till last. Get yourself something nice once a week, it doesn’t have to be something massive, but treat yourself like the queen that you are.
- Put your alarm on early- wake your sleepy ass up half an hour before you need to so you can play what you will wear, eat and what you have to do for the day, that way by the time you actually get up you are not walking around like a zombie!
- Make lists-I know, it’s a bit old-school. But it will keep you organized and on top of things.
- Under five minute rule– if something on your To-Do list will take less than five mins then just DO IT.
- Think happy thoughts-if you start thinking about something negative, put those thoughts in a box, and shelve them, you have control of your thought patterns.
- Love your skin-your skin needs watering to keep it looking young and fresh, drink 2ltrs of water a day to keep those pores shining.
- Budget-I know it sounds boring, but having your finances clear can release a lot of pressure. Use the envelope system, break your money into different envelopes so you know how much you have to play with at the end of the week without going over your budget.
- Say no-not all the time obviously, but when you don’t want to do something, then don’t. Don’t be a people pleaser and leave yourself for last
- Listen to other people-take the time to really listen, don’t just plan what you are going to say next in tour head, you never know you might actually learn something like this!
- Take more bubble baths-give yourself time to unwind, really truly relax and treat your body like the temple that it is.
- Surround yourself with good people-don’t get sucked into people’s drama, if somebody doesn’t make you feel good when you are around them, then cut them out. Life is too short.
- Do one thing at a time-don’t try to multi-task, we really aren’t that good at it as a race, so just do one thing at a time and do it well.
- Upstage everyone else -always dress just a little better than the occasion calls for, make yourself stand out from the crowd, and have fun with your clothes.
- Step outside of your comfort zone-we are like to stay comfortable, but the best things in life are on the other side of fear, push your boundaries and, see how far you will go.
- Walk more-don’t be lazy, when you see an elevator, just take the stairs and don’t jump in the car at every opportunity, walk it. You will feel so much better for it.
- Change your passwords-change your passwords to be fun and inspiring, so every time you log in you smile.
- Get your beauty sleep-don’t stay up all night watching pointless videos on Youtube on stalking your ex on Instagram.
- Take naps– that’s right you heard me, take a little siesta, it can be as short as 5 mins but the effects are great for your mind, body, and soul.
- Eat more chocolate-I know right, I have never been happier than when I read that if you eat dark chocolate it can improve your stress levels and help you perform better.
- If… then-this is a great trick to keep your mind positive. Think of a situation that could be difficult then think of a positive solution. (If the train is late- then I will keep calm and message my boss to tell her).
- Leave the screen-an hour before you intend to sleep give your eyes a break, turn the screens off and do anything else that isn’t screen related.
- Eat healthy-keep it fresh, keep it clean, keep that machine well oiled and working the best it can.
- Do something you have been avoiding-we all have a tonne of things that we will ‘get to later’, attempt to do something you have been putting off once a week.
- Only write positive comments on social media– it can be so easy to get caught up or offended by something, just let it go, it’s not worth your energy.
- Dance!-whenever you get the chance turn the speaker up high and let loose. It’s the best therapy ever!
So whether you want to limit your screen time, exercise more or just meditate on the good things in life, its never too late to start a new habit!