Are you struggling to set up a morning routine? Is the first thing you do in the morning is press snooze on your alarm clock? Well, I’m going to give you some ideas that will not only help you slay your day but start it energized and ready for anything! Lets start with the basics..
Share With Friends!
What Is A Morning Routine?
Also, for those of you who are used to getting out of bed 5 minutes before, a morning routine probably sounds something like this:
“ALARM SOUNDS” UGH! You roll over with a pulsing headache. Reaching out to hit the snooze button you realize…you hit it 45 minutes ago! Jumping out of bed with haste. ” I have 20 minutes to get to work!” you say. It takes 15 minutes to get there without traffic. With all the energy you can muster you brush your teeth, wipe your face with a washcloth, throw on your clothes and spray a mist of perfume over your unwashed body. “Hopefully no one notices,” you say.
Do you know what you just walked into work looking like? A mess. A mess without a morning routine. A morning goal is exactly what it sounds like. A routine set of tasks that you do in the morning. Most of us do 5 morning rituals every day. This includes:
- Brushing our teeth
- Taking a shower
- Washing our face
- Doing our hair
- Putting on Makeup
These are the most basic rituals we all do everyday.
But to actually start seeing tangible results throughout the day you’ll need to add some serious self-care into your mornings.
Why Do I Need This?
It helps you focus on what you want to achieve for the day or it can just be a little me time before going to work. Regardless, it’s essential. Don’t know where to start? Keep reading girl, I got you 🙂
Below i’m going to outline some possible things you can add to your mornings that will inspire you to not only go out and do great things but keep you inspired to come home and continue to do even greater things! So let’s jump right in to the 34+ ideas you can use to start your morning routine!
- Cardio for 30 Min
- Do Yoga
- Take a long hot bath
- Walk the Doggie
- Give yourself a facial
- Clean Up
- Do 45 min of Strength Training
- Walk around the house
- Sound Therapy using Singing Bowls
- Deep breathing for 5 min
- Write down what you’re grateful for
- Draw how you’re feeling
- Imagine the day you want to have and use LOA to make it happen
- Repeat your personal mantra
- Dont look on social media until and hour after you wake up
- Read a chapter of a good inspiring book
- Take time to align your energy with your expectations for the day.
- Write down your goals for the month
- Dissect goals into smaller more attainable goals
- Reflect on last year and see what went well and what you can change for this year
- Write down your financial goals for the week
- Start a new habit
- 5. Use S.M.A.R.T goals to set your long term goals
- Grab a new planner and start planning your days, weeks, months
- Make your damn bed already!
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Take a multivitamin
- Make a green smoothie
- Meal prep for the week
- Drink water
- No coffee for the first hour of waking up
- Eat your carbs (unless you are on low carb or keto) they are used as fuel for the body and are usually recommended to eat in the morning.
These are some ideas to get you started on your morning routine journey and dont forget to download my free morning routine checklist for a quick list of things you can start TODAY for success tomorrow!